Eating seasonally is a wonderful way to boost your health in a budget-friendly way. This month, we're loving Strawberry Date Bliss Balls.
These tasty little bites are filled to the bring with mood-boosting nutrients and a great addition to school lunches and work snacks. It’s also easy enough to make ahead over the weekend as a kitchen activity with the kiddos.
The beauty of this recipe is that after you soak the nuts to soften them, the rest of it comes together in minutes. And then the vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free snack can hang out in the fridge for weeks, ready to deliver a hit of healthy fats and protein whenever you need it.
Yields ± 18 balls
- 1½ cups cashew nuts
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons shredded and unsweetened coconut (plus more for rolling, optional)
- 1 cup of strawberries, frozen
- Soak cashews in water for 30 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Pit the dates.
- Put cashews and other ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until you get a smooth dough.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough, roll into balls, and optionally coat with shredded coconut.
- Serve the balls chilled or at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.