Eating seasonally is a wonderful way to boost your health. In October we’re loving Beetroot Hummus.
Incorporating chickpeas and beetroot into your diet provides your hard-working skin with vital nutrients and also supports overall skin health. Together, they form a dynamic duo, promoting collagen formation, combating oxidative stress, and contributing to a vibrant and resilient complexion.
Best of all, this gorgeous dip pairs wonderfully with everything from crudités and whole-grain crackers, to falafel and veggie wraps. It also makes a great lunchbox snack.
- 1 tin chickpeas (+ half of the bean liquid or aquafaba)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 x whole-roasted or ready-pickled beetroot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Basil and pomegranate arils to garnish
- Drain the tin of chickpeas, keeping half of the liquid (also known as aquafaba) aside.
- Place the chickpeas, aquafaba and whole garlic cloves in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let it come to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Add the chickpea-and-garlic mixture to a blender with the tahini, lemon juice and whole beetroot. Whole-roasted beetroot is healthier, but ready-pickled saves some time.
- Blitz until smooth, add salt and pepper to taste, and blitz again.
Optional: Garnish with fresh basil and pomegranate arils for a pop of freshness and some added antioxidants when you serve. Pairs wonderfully with fresh pita bread.